Bits and Pieces That Make Me
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo
Thursday, May 24, 2007
50 ways you'll know that I am me

I wouldn't be me if I didn't

- pluck a day's growth of armpit hair every now and then (Read: one or two times a day on average)

- highlight per line or per word I read on the computer, especially when I am reading paragraphs. When reading books, I put my bookmark on one section of the page I am reading (like putting milestones) and then move the bookmark down or to other pages when the line I am reading is getting near the bookmark

- gather my hair on one side and place it on top of my shoulder then flip it over my shoulder and then do it again on the other shoulder after five minutes

- crack my knuckles and just about every other joint in my hand

- caress each pimple lovingly and wait for the precise moment when a small patch of dried skin begins to form after which I promptly scratch lightly against it until it succumbs to my fingernails

- run my fingers through my hair and 'feel' softly around my scalp for small removable stuff which I eagerly remove like dried pimple-like stuff and granules which I still don't know exactly what is

- clear my throat everytime I am about to say something

- put my hand flat on my stomach at least five times a day to check if its getting bigger or smaller, or if my sit ups the day before worked wonders already

- adjust whatever skirt or pants or bra I am wearing to my comfort

- rewind every scenario that ever happened to me, sometimes right after it happened

- say yes when what i really meant to say was 'I'll think about it' or 'No'

- feel several times in a day how rounded my fingernails are

- love eating pizza, pasta, chocolates, choco or raisin cookies, mushrooms, corn (in the cup or on the cob), sushi, squidballs, mangoes (green with bagoong, ripe and dried), hot bread and butter, fried rice, kani/crabstick tempura or fried, bodhi (glutten), occasionally meat (fried chicken, corned beef, egg), pancit canton, strawberry and cream

- wipe the toilet seat before I would sit on it - whether it has droplets of God-knows-what or if it was dry in the first place

- live on tissue paper, alcogel, soap and water to keep my hands fine and dandy

- remove my shoes every once in a while under my office table

- pull my legs up and sit 'Indian style' in my office chair

- come late or just on time for meetings

- pick on the dry skin on my lips, sometimes until it bleeds

- walk looking only at people from shoulders down or at the fixtures or next building, until someone recognizes me and says 'huy!'

- do an irritating obsessive-compulsive tapping or blowing or anything left to right or right to left in the pattern: 1221-2442-1221. I do this mindlessly when I am doing nothing and have nothing to look at or listen to. If I want to 'step up my game' I do the 4884 combination: 1221-2442-4884-2442-1221. When I attempted to get over this mannerism, I subsequently picked up a new one, which is to tap one foot really fast. And when I attempted to get over that, I went back to my 1221 pattern. hay)

- twist the little silver studs on my ears

- rewind dvds when I didn't catch what the actors said, sometimes up to 3 or 4 times, earning the name 'rewind girl'

- automatically focus on the subtitles and not on the scene whenever the subtitles are on

- find it hard to sleep when some music is playing or someone is talking.

- not like being licked by kittens and puppies, no matter how cute they are

- buy a top or shoe impulsively then return it the next day (or sometimes not use it at all)

- change my seating position every now and then to get a more comfortable angle

- sleep and then wake up with a bad back

- freeze a bit and then try to relax myself whenever someone touches me unexpectedly (on the arm, hug)

- get irritated when guys, especially those I treat as good acquiantances touch my hand or my arm 'accidentally' or trick me into being touched (RICHARD - nakataga yan sa bato). I also get PISSED when I catch them (calling calling MANONG EDWIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) stare at my chest a second too long. (I would love to wipe that smirk off your face!) or make a pass at me. All right there are some cases I let off the hook, but these are special special cases.

- let myself be so gullible that I'm the favorite target of tricycle drivers, barkers, guards, etc.

- run short of breath on the second flight of steps at the MRT/LRT stations

- take about 3 months to a whopping four years to warm up to certain groups of people

- sleep at 12 or 1 or sometimes 2 am on workweeks and wonder why the hell I am late the following morning or why I am so sleepy

- bring my office laptop home everyweek or some take home work everyday and then not work on it

- start to say something incoherent and then trail off midway or forget what I was about to say

- drown out distracting noise at the office and my growing irritation by putting my media player on almost full volume

- calm myself down by nibbling on something

- eat a lot and then complain about my growing stomach

- put myself at ease by taking walks or looking at the moon or at the overlooking point on the way home

- walk at a pace of three steps per second

- watch CSI Miami and amuse myself watching Hora-ci-o speak sideways all the time

- lose my patience after waiting a second over my PDPAWP (pre-determined personal allowable waiting period), which depends on my mood, the activity, the temperature, and any pressure on me at any given point

- hate riding in the back of the fx, especially when the aircon is on low and the roof is slightly lower near the exit door, and (1) I am pressed up against the door and keep bumping my head on the door frame everytime the driver changes gear; or (2) I am sitting opposite a guy with his legs OPEN and my knees have no way to go but inside his legs. Buti kung maluwag and hindi ko nadidikitan yung tuhod niya, but on really bad days, I find myself knee to knee with these men!~ GRRR

- hate riding in the middle of the fx, especially when I am not the last person to come in, but still I am the one leaning forward to accommodate the %^$%$*&! Or sometimes, I would not give way and lean forward, only to find the last person to enter the fx selfishly wedge themselves between the door and the person beside them (WAR if that was me!) so they can lean back. If I am tired, I will shift my position into what will make me more comfortable but after throwing dagger looks at the %^$%$*&. But If I am in a warfreak mode, I'll find a way to wedge myself in there too, until the %^$%$*& gives way. If the %^$%$*& does not, well, then I just deal with my bad back when I get to my destination. (I tell you, if you want to know what a person's real ugali is, throw him or her in the fx or MRT!)

- hate riding in the front of the fx, especially if I am the one near the driver and the gear stick AND the driver's hand keep brushing against my leg, intentionally or not. All right, all right, I am just a naturally hateful person. Angal??? GRR!

- pass up on drinking water if I am too lazy to get up and get it

- sleep the whole weekend away and then start cleaning my room at 5 or 7 pm on a Sunday

- cringe at the site of roaches and flying roaches!!!!!!!!!!

See, I do most of this on a daily basis. What crap is this I'm saying that I have nothing to do??? =D

posted by Tami @ 11:20 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At May 26, 2007 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haynako, ayoko din ng sumasakay sa gitna ng fx, lalo na sa tabi ng driver! ayoko din sa likod dahil umiinit ang paa ko! haha!

     
  • At May 26, 2007 1:32 PM, Blogger Tami said…

    hahah! ang kulit natin no? bat pa kaya tayo nag fx in the first place? =P

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

About Me: Dum spiro, spero
See my complete profile

Previous Posts
Archives
Links


Powered by Blogger


lunar phases
Template by

Free Blogger 

Templates