Bits and Pieces That Make Me
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Things to do in your spare office time
Tip #1: Do your monthly grocery during lunch break

I went with my officemates to S&R/Pricemart in Fort Bonifacio, this morning with the mission to buy 1.18 liter Ranch dressing at Php 50 and fish crackers - literally, fish shaped, sunflower tastes-like biscuit - at Php 93. When I walked out of S&R an hour and a half later, I had with me the Ranch dressing, fish crackers, 1 pack of mini boxes of strawberry and grape flavored Nerds candy, 1 box of TGIF Fridays' frozen mozzarella sticks (Read: DRRRROOOOOOOLLIIING! slurp! slurp! and slurp!), and half a box (24 pcs) of granola bars, which comes out to Php 9.30 a piece.

Impulsive? No. Panic buying is more like it! Everything there is either packed in twos and threes or sold in 1 or 3KG packages. From cereals and powdered juices to detergents (in small drums even!); shampoos and soap bars to dishwashing liquids in 1 gallon bottles; sacks of rice to sacks of dogfood; frozen fries, hash browns, squidballs, hamburgers, to frozen lasagna trays! (God Bless America for processing all these frozen food!)

Inside S&R, walking down aisle after aisle, all I could say were incoherent ooohhs! and aaahhhs! and 'oh my G... - *buntunghininga*' (I just had a teeny-tiny grocery-gasm!) I can't wait to go back there again!
posted by Tami @ 5:14 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

About Me: Dum spiro, spero
See my complete profile

Previous Posts
Archives
Links


Powered by Blogger


lunar phases
Template by

Free Blogger 

Templates