| Saturday, July 28, 2007 |
| Can't think of a title - my brain's not working |
I'm feeling a bit under the weather these past few days. Well, as always, its through no one's fault but my own. I've been sleeping very late recently, eating excessively again, and with no exercise to combat it with; I tell you, no good will come out of it.
I also have a lot on my mind, which contributes to the weariness I feel. I swear, millions of thoughts keep darting around my head, as fast as a school of fish in water when you hold out wet, crumbled bread pieces to them.
I like torturing myself in this way. Then when I can't take it anymore - I resort to my best proven cure for tired and aching head, muscles and bones - crying. Now, I haven't cried yet since last Sunday, which means I haven't reached my threshold yet. But give me this same scenario until next weekend, and you'll probably be able to elicit a tear or two.
I like crying when I am very very tired - or sick for that matter - because it relieves me of physical aches and pains, much as it would temporarily relieve my emotional self from stress after a highly emotional episode. After a crying bout, which usually ends up in sleeping, I feel so renewed, light and ready to rock the next day. Its like I'm crying all the negativity out of my body. In a way, crying has also become an alarm for my body to stop and relax a bit because otherwise, I will keep pushing myself until I reach my limit.
So what have I been doing these past few days that contributes to this tearbank of mine?
For one (and this calls for a celebration!), I wanted to 'test the market' and see how receptive people will be towards my cookies. Everyone at home and my friends from the office liked it so I thought, why not turn this hobby into something profitable? At least, I am enjoying and earning at the same time. Having said this, I made two batches of oatmeal raisin cookies last Sunday, packed it into 7 plastic boxes and deployed it through my 'minions' aka. Ate Ambs and Raj. Unfortunately, they both left their cookies at home, much to my disappointment, so I had to wait until Tuesday for their friends' feedback. It was a success! So come Wednesday, I made cookies again, this time chocolate chip cookies. kaput! The 2 boxes sold quickly the next day! By this time my greedy side was already starting to show. So on Thursday, I made both cookies, 'taste test' size - which were really cute, piso-sized cookies - and brought them to the office for people to sample. I came home empty handed, all my taste test cookies gone, but with a whopping 35 boxes order for Monday!!! I'm getting all kinds of requests now like choc chip cookies without nuts; oatmeal raisin cookies without raisins; and choc chip/oatmeal raisins (less sugar). Thinking about it has gotten me excited and worried at the same time because this will no doubt have me up on my feet the whole day tomorrow. I'll be dead beat on Monday. huhu. I'm still figuring out how to make those requests, but what the heck, if there's a will, there's a way!! Soon I'll have to start thinking of a business name and new stuff to bake to increase the variety of my 'products' yihee!
Well the second thing relates to me not having any exercise whilst (nagagaya na ako sa mga british kong kausap) my appetite has gone up tremendously. For over two months now, i've been jogging after work about 2-3 times a week. But starting three weeks ago, I've joined some of my officemates who play badminton regularly once a week. Don't get me wrong, i enjoy badminton, but we get home so late everytime and I guess two hours of badminton equals three days of 1 hour/day jogging in terms of sweat-speak. So from the time I started playing, I think I was only able to jog once after that. Well I guess baking may have had a hand in that too since all my free time goes there. Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned it here before already, but i recently tried a no-rice diet a few weeks back. That's because I gained about 12 pounds from my previous 115-lbs makakain-o-hindi frame starting April this year. I tell you, I'm not that conscious about my weight except on the occasions that i don't fit into my pants anymore, but this 12-lb gain has really gotten me W-O-R-R-I-E-D. For weeks, i could wear nothing but skirts that dig into my stomach and my size 28 jeans. I've lost 5 lbs since the week before my Palawan trip because of religious jogging, no rice diet and 1 cup yoghurt per day to help my digestion and yes to regulate bowel movement. Anyway, so last week I think, I started eating rice again, minus the yoghurt. And like a drug, its gotten my stomach churning every two hours or so. The increased appetite, limited exercise and lack of sleep has been making me sluggish and this has got to stop.
Third thing is well, all my thoughts, which I will be keeping to myself for now due to the volume of topics I want to talk about and because I have to go meet someone now. hehe. adios!Labels: baking |
posted by Tami @ 12:44 PM
 |
|
| 5 Comments: |
-
nabitin ako sa third part, wala bang kasunod yun. mukhang yun pa naman ang me juicy info.:)
by the way, kung first time lang remekwes, pwede pa ba ang free sample ng cookies?:) chocolate chips sana. seryoso ako.=)
-niel
-
hello.i just happened to stumble upon ur blog.mm..making cookies ei? gees, im hungry now.haha.
btw, link ex? :]
-
NIEL > hehe TMTM (too many to mention) ang thoughts ko e, sa sobrang dami nakakalimutan ko na! di bale pag natiempohan ko sila uli, ililista na natin =P
re: libreng halimbawa ng cookies, aba'y pwedeng pwede! kaya lang ubos na ang samples ko sa ngayon, makakagawa ako uli late during the week or weekend. balitaan kita uli pag meron na. =D
CHARISSE > nagutom ka ba lalo sa mga cookies?? hehe thanks for dropping by! sure, will link you up =D
-
Galingan ang pagpapapayat! Hehe!
-
yep! sa wakas nakapag-jogging na uli ako kagabi =D sana tuloy tuloy na =D
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
nabitin ako sa third part, wala bang kasunod yun. mukhang yun pa naman ang me juicy info.:)
by the way, kung first time lang remekwes, pwede pa ba ang free sample ng cookies?:) chocolate chips sana. seryoso ako.=)
-niel