Bits and Pieces That Make Me
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo
Monday, February 02, 2009
A smile a day keeps the blues away



Everytime I feel the corners of my mouth turning down, I think of the weary sales clerk or building guard or metro aid or sampaguita vendor who give me 1,000 megawatt smiles as though their tired feet and warm clothing - to say the least - do not bother them at all.

All at once I feel a bit shameful for having dwelt on my problems more than I had to, and for denying a toothy grin to random people I meet. So when I remember this, I try to smile at people for as small as my squinted eyes can go.

To these happy people, thank you!

Have a great day, everyone! No problem could be bigger than the cheeks on this stressball look-alike yellow thingie. Spread the smiley!

posted by Tami @ 6:14 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

About Me: Dum spiro, spero
See my complete profile

Previous Posts
Archives
Links


Powered by Blogger


lunar phases
Template by

Free Blogger 

Templates